What does this Privacy Notice cover?
This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, the user of the Webcall International Research website acting on behalf of yourself or the business entity you represent (“You”, “Your”, or “Yourself”), and how You can exercise Your privacy rights. This Privacy Notice covers Webcall International Research Limited (Hong Kong), Webcall International Research Co ltd (Thailand) and Webcall International Research Corporation (Philippines). This Privacy Notice only applies to personal information that We collect through our website at http://www.webcall-research.com from Your use of Webcall’s systems, applications, and services (the “Services”), from You at sales or promotional events or from third parties for marketing purposes. If You have any questions or concerns about our use of Your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
WHAT DOES WEBCALL DO?
Webcall is a leading business support solutions provider and trusted partner, offering business support solutions, customer experience and digital monetization solutions. Webcall is headquartered in Hong Kong but has subsidiaries in Thailand and Philippines.
We are committed to safeguard the privacy of individuals with respect to your personal data. We assure that our policies and practices, and those adopted by our affiliated companies and agents in relation to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of your personal data comply with the requirements under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486) (the “Ordinance”) under the laws of Hong Kong, as well as the relevant code of practice and guidance issued by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, Hong Kong. The meaning of the term “personal data” adopted in this Statement is defined in the Ordinance.
Where our operations are subject to privacy legislation other than that of Hong Kong (such as due to our carrying out of operational functions outside of Hong Kong), this Statement shall apply so far as it is consistent with such local legislation.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES WEBCALL COLLECT?
Personal information means information that identifies You or allows Webcall to contact You, like Your name or email address. The personal information that We may collect about You, or have collected about you in the past 12 months, varies depending on the context of our interactions with you. This broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information that You provide voluntarily
Visiting our Site: Certain parts of our Site ask You to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, We may ask You to provide Your contact details in order to submit inquiries to us. We may also collect information from You in person at a tradeshow or event or via a phone call with one of our sales representatives. This information may include professional information, the nature of your communication and marketing preferences.
Using our Services: We collect limited personal information from you as an employee of one of our business customers. We may ask you for your name and business contact details to provide the Services to you or ask You to provide feedback or a testimonial which We may display on our website or in other promotional materials, with Your agreement. You may also provide us with account credentials and support information.
The personal information that You are asked to provide, and the reasons why You are asked to provide it, will be made clear to You at the point We ask You to provide Your personal information.
- Information that we collect automatically
When You visit our Site or use our Services, We may collect certain information automatically from Your device.
Specifically, the information We collect automatically may include information like Your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, geographic location, and other technical information. We may also collect information about how Your device has interacted with our Site or our Services, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Site or use our Services, where they come from, and what content on our Site or connected to our Services is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Site and our Services to our visitors and customers.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further in our upcoming Cookie Notice.
- Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, We may receive personal information about You from third party sources (including from companies that provide marketing lead information), but only where We have checked that these third parties either have Your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose Your personal information to us.
The types of information We collect from third parties include Your name and contact information and we use the information We receive from these third parties to provide You with information regarding our products and services, our industry insights and for other direct marketing purposes.
WHAT DOES WEBCALL USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We use the information collected about You for a variety of reasons, including for the following purposes, as applicable:
- To respond to Your requests or provide You with information about our Services and Webcall requested by You.
- To communicate with You about the Services.
- To provide support, personalize, maintain and enhance the Services and the Site.
- To comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, agreements and policies.
- To prevent, detect, identify, investigate, respond and protect against potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behavior and criminal activity.
- To allow businesses or third-party websites we’re affiliated with, who may sell or provide products or services to You through or in connection with the Services (either alone or jointly with us).
- For other business purposes such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our Services and to enhance, customize and improve our features, products and Services.
- To perform other activities consistent with this Privacy Notice.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARING
We may disclose, or in the past 12 months have disclosed, Your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- Affiliated Companies. We may share personal information with companies that are affiliated with us (for example companies that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with us). We may also share information that is collected between websites that we, or our affiliates, control.
- Service Providers. We may share Your personal information with companies that perform services for us, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mails, facilitating electronic communication with you, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service.
- Behavioral Advertisers. We may permit third party behavioral advertisers to use technology to collect information about Your use of our Site so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to Your interest. That advertising may appear either on our Site, or on other websites.
- Potential Buyers. We may share Your personal information if we sell all, or part, of our business, sell all, or part, of our business assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business acquisition.
- Any other parties to comply with a legal obligation; to protect the legal rights of (or otherwise participate in a legal process pertaining to) our company, our employees, our agents, our clients, and our affiliates, to protect the safety and security of our visitors, or to protect against fraud; or with Your consent.
HOW DOES WEBCALL KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about You. The measures We use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing Your personal information.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which You live. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of Your country. Our affiliated companies and third-party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when We collect Your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that Your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
If We transmit personal information across national boundaries, We make reasonable efforts do so in compliance with any national laws that govern the cross-border transfer of information.
We retain personal information We collect from You where We have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
When We have no ongoing legitimate business need to process Your personal information, We will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because Your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then We will securely store Your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You have the following data protection rights:
- If You wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of Your personal information, You can do so at any time by contacting us.
- In addition, You can object to processing of Your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of Your personal information or request portability of Your personal information. Again, You can exercise these rights by contacting us.
- Similarly, if We have collected and process Your personal information with Your consent, then You can withdraw Your consent at any time. Withdrawing Your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to Your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of Your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of Your personal information. For more information, please contact Your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact: [email protected]
INFORMATION RELATED TO CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If You are under 16, please do not use the Site or send any personal information about Yourself to us. If We learn that We have collected personal information from a child under age 16, We will delete that information as quickly as possible. If You believe that a child under 16 may have provided us personal information, please go to [email protected]
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When We update our Privacy Notice, We will take appropriate measures to inform You, consistent with the significance of the changes We make. We will obtain Your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.